An exciting and rewarding opportunity has organically developed within our busy Practice for a qualified and experienced Rural Surveyor to join our friendly, professional and hardworking team.
This new role is for the successful candidate to take primary responsibility for a wide scope of rural professional work and to develop their role to lead the Rural Professional Services sector for the Practice. The successful candidate will have the opportunity, subject to performance & commercial success, to progress to Associate Director Level and form part of the management team at Powells.
The successful candidate will be able to fully competently undertake an exciting scope of professional work, particularly formal Valuation ‘RICS Red Book’ instructions of a wide range of rural property assets. The scope of work will also include property & land management advice & agreements, landlord & tenant matters, all aspects of farm, land, rural & development property agency and professional work such as CPO/Utility compensation claims & other land agency work for landowners.
We are seeking an exceptional individual who is experienced, personable, driven and highly capable of implementing a client instruction from the outset, through to completion, and delivering an exemplary, responsive and professional service to all clients. The scope of this role includes responsibility for developing efficient working systems/procedures/templates to ensure that all professional work is compliant with all statutory & RICS requirements and to develop the Professional Services sector.
The role has flexibility to be defined to incorporate any existing client instructions that the successful candidate wishes to retain and with flexibility over the final defined job specification to be agreed with the successful candidate.
The position is based from our offices at Monmouth however with flexibility to include home based working and/or flexible working practices.
The key role, tasks and responsibilities include;
- Undertake an exciting and wide-ranging scope of rural professional instructions to existing and new clients to contribute to the Professional Services Sector objectives;
- Preparation and completion of formal RICS ‘Red Book’ Valuation Reports for a wide range of purposes and Valuation Appraisals for non-statutory purposes;
- Provide strategic property & estate/land management advice to clients and undertaking land management agreements including Farm Business Tenancy Agreements, Grazing/Grass Crop Licences, Contract Farming as well as advising on/negotiating residential and commercial lettings;
- Manage Powells Client Agreement Record (CAR) with proactive professional advice in managing property/land assets and implementing any client agreement actions required of new or existing agreements;
- Landlord & Tenant advice matters;
- Working closely with the Powells Land Promotion team & any other promotion partners for the management of strategic land, and development site agency;
- Providing professional advice to NFU Members under Powells current appointment on the NFU Rural Surveyors Panel Membership & supporting NFU with appropriate events and developing the existing partnership with the NFU, CLA & other rural professionals;
- All rural surveyor/rural valuer professional matters including representing landowners for any CPO or Utility Scheme works/access compensation;
- Farm, Land, Smallholdings & Development Site sales for clients in conjunction with Powells Agency team;
- Negotiation of Easements, Wayleaves and other legal rights of way for landowning clients;
- Basic Payment Scheme applications/advice including grant schemes available;
- Use of Promap V.2 for production of Ordnance Survey Plans for property management agreements, sale or Land Registry registration;
- Working closely with the wider Powells team for cross- sector instructions such as for combined property management/land promotion instructions;
- Identification, development and pursuit of new business opportunities and client instructions for the Professional Services Sector;
- Implementing procedures, and updating of templates, in liaison with David Powell, to ensure efficient working systems are in place and full compliance with all statutory & RICS requirements/obligations.
Essential Attributes for Candidates
- A relevant RICS degree and extensive (at least four years post qualified) of rural professional practice experience with a private rural practice including undertaking RICS Red Book Valuations;
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and existing registration & experience of being a ‘RICS Registered Valuer’. Highly preferable to be a Fellow of the Association of Agricultural Valuers.
- A sound working knowledge of all RICS Valuation Standards criteria and relevant RICS Practice Statements/Guidance Notes;
- A sound working knowledge of property & land management legislation & statutory requirements in both England and Wales;
- Experience in the delivery of accurate, tailored and explementary professional advice to rural clients;
- Proven ability to efficiently undertake all elements of valuation, property management and other rural professional instructions without supervision and delivering a responsive and proactive service
- Excellent communication skills and strong rapport towards clients for developing respected and trusted long term professional relationships;
- Excellent team working skills and ability to further develop leadership skills in developing the Professional Services sector;
- To demonstrate a commercially savvy approach to all elements of business, fee generation and private practice work and business development;
The successful applicant must be committed and driven individual, yet a team-player, and be expected to demonstrate the following;
- Experience of preparing and producing written RICS valuation reports/client advice letters to a very high standard with strong & accurate literacy and numerical skills
- Strong technical skills & experience within the rural professional sector
- Ability to work under pressure, and have proven success in meeting client deadlines
- Confident team worker, but able to manage own workload prioritises
- Proactive and responsive attitude along with personable nature to engage and build a strong trusted rapport with all clients
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills for dealing with clients, professional contacts and team colleagues
- Full UK Driving Licence and own Transport.
Proposed Salary: For discussion dependent on experience.
Eligibility for Powells Discretionary Bonus Scheme.
For further information and a confidential discussion please contact David Powell Managing Director 07841 204060 | [email protected]